Monday, April 29, 2013

Julia and Campbell




I did not like the fact that Julia and Campbell had a relationship in My Sister’s Keeper.didn't like it because there was less focus on Anna. She was mainly the only character I liked to read about. There relationship was also very hard for me to comprehend at at first. I was confused if they still liked each other or didn’t. Julia kept going back and forth. She complained about having to work on a case with Campbell for five minutes and spent the next five minutes going on and on about how she admired him. I think Julia’s sister that had just gotten over a relationship was more stable than Julia. I also got mad when Julia decided to go into the gay bar. She was so sad about Campbell hurting her. I was thinking to myself,”Wow! Imagine that, Campbell hurt you again.” 

Julia has to work with Campbell on the case because she is Anna’s Guardian Ad Litem or GAL.  A GAL is the person in a court case that studies both sides of the story and determines what is best for the child. For example Julia took Anna one day to the zoo and talked to her about why she started the case and so on. Anna told her about how it feels to be poked and prodded and she talked about Kate. Julia got the sense that something was wrong with what Anna was saying. A GAL is supposed to get viewpoints from each member of the family to base her opinion on. The GAL’s opinion is the man opinion the judge listens too. That is exactly what she did. Julia has been assigned to Anna’s case and Campbell is Anna’s lawyer and also Julia’s ex boyfriend. This makes it ten times more difficult for Julia, but she toughs out in the end.




No comments:

Post a Comment