Saturday, April 27, 2013

My Opinion of Anna Fitzgerald in My Sister's Keeper

    My opinion of Anna Fitzgerald is that she is a brave young girl.  I would never have been able to file emancipation from my parents let alone go to a lawyer’s office by myself. Anna did both of these things by herself.  She underwent multiple surgeries and procedures that weren't even for her without complaint. Anna also sold a gold necklace that she had had since she was young so that she could give the lawyer at least a small portion of what she owed him. Anna moved out of her house to the firehouse so that her mother would not be able to win the case.  Every girl needs their mother and I think that this step was the hardest on Anna.  She was also willing to go through the surgery no matter the risks to give her sister the kidney.  There are a lot of risks and long term effects in the surgery so the fact that she would be willing to do it for her sister is amazing even if she ended up not giving it to her sister because her sister didn't want her to have the surgery.  I think that Anna is a strong girl and was able to face any problem thrown at her.
    Anna is a loving and selfless sister and has such a kind heart.  Anna never complained about having to go to the hospital to give her sister parts of  her body.  Anna was going to give Kate her kidney until Kate said that she wanted to die.  She always let her sister have the attention and never begged for more.  She knew her family was different but she loved them.  Anna also always listened to her parents.  An example of when Anna Fitzgerald was selfless was when she stayed home instead of going to an extraordinary hockey camp so that in case her sister happened to get sick she was there for her.  Another selfless moment was when Anna had to miss a gymnastics birthday party that she really wanted to go to so that she could go to give stem cells to her sister.  If I were Anna I would have been fed up with her life.   

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I think Anna is very brave and loving.

    ReplyDelete